Ice Cube Says He Lost $9 Million Film Role Over COVID-19 Vaccine – The Hollywood Reporter

- Advertisement -

Ice Cube is confirming The Hollywood Reporter’s story about the star losing an opportunity to make $9 million because he wouldn’t get a COVID-19 vaccine.

In the newest episode of the Million Dollaz Worth of Game podcast this week, Ice Cube revealed that his refusal to get vaccinated forced him to turn down an acting gig. “I turned down a movie because I didn’t wanna get the motherfucking jab,” he shared. “I turned down $9 million because I didn’t want to get the jab. Fuck that jab, and fuck y’all for trying to make me get it. I don’t know how Hollywood feel about me right now.”

He then clarified, “I didn’t turn [$9 million] down. Them motherfuckers wouldn’t give it to me because I wouldn’t get the shot. I didn’t turn it down. They just didn’t give it to me.”

Back in October, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Ice Cube departed Sony’s upcoming comedy Oh Hell No — in which he would have co-starred with Jack Black — after declining a request from producers to get vaccinated. Ice Cube and Black partnered on the project in June, and the film was looking to shoot this winter in Hawaii with Kitao Sakurai in the director’s seat. The movie has since pushed back its production start.

THR has reached out to a Sony representative for comment.

Ice Cube opened up last month about his struggles to get a fourth film produced in the Friday comedy franchise. “I’m trying to get it out of Warner Bros.,” he said at the time.

Watch the full episode of Million Dollaz Worth of Game featuring Ice Cube below.

This story first appeared on Billboard.com.

Source link

#Ice #Cube #Lost #Million #Film #Role #COVID19 #Vaccine #Hollywood #Reporter

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

Latest Articles